- Anyone with seasonal or pet allergies can benefit from a quality air purifier. We’ve reviewed top-selling brands from Coway, Rabbit Air, Honeywell and more.
- Discover the top robotic vacuum cleaners for your home. We’ve listed the most budget-friendly machines, along with those that are best for pet hair, hardwood, carpet, and those that have the best automatic controls.
- Clean your patio, deck or vinyl siding with a high-quality, affordable pressure washer from DeWalt, Ryobi, Craftsman, Northstar, Worx and other reliable brands.
- No one wants a dirty pool or spa. But before you call a cleaning service, save money with a telescoping manual cleaner, handheld or robotic vacuums and more.
We never accept payments from manufacturers for our independent research.
Our detailed reviews cover everything you need to find the right products for your home cleaning needs.
We’ll take the guesswork out of shopping for the best cleaning products with our handy buying guides.
Top-Rated Cleaning Products for Your Home
Does the thought of cleaning make you want to run for the hills? Cleaning your house will never be completely painless, but with top-quality cleaning products, you can save a lot of time, money, and energy. But with all the products available on the market, how do you choose what’s best to make your home sparkle without wasting tons of money? We’ve rated the best brands in everything from electrostatic air purifiers to robotic vacuum cleaners, high-tech washing machines and more to make your shopping a little easier.
- Best Air PurifiersAir purifiers clear pollutants such as smoke, mold, dust, and other particles that can aggravate allergies and asthma. We’ve reviewed the top models with true HEPA filters and smart tech for your home.
- Vacuum Сleaning RobotsWe’ve listed the most budget-friendly machines, along with those that are best for pet hair, hardwood, carpet, and those that have the best automatic controls.
- Floor MopsDo you dread m-o-p-p-i-n-g? If you’re haunted with dreams of dirty water and wringing out a stained mop head until your back breaks, have a look at our listings. You’ll find something that makes mopping less of a chore.
Check out these quick and easy cleaning tips to keep your home guest-ready
- September 11, 2019Indoor air quality can vary greatly based on geography and lifestyle. Identifying pollutants is the first step to healthy air. Learn how to test the air quality in your home with our ultimate guide.
- Steam CleanersBeyond floors – Steam cleaners aren’t just for hard flooring. Find out how to use them for other surfaces too.May 21, 2019Steam cleaning isn’t just for hard floors. You can use steam to deep clean many surfaces in your home. Learn how to steam clean carpets and other areas with our step-by-step guide.
- April 21, 2019An air purifier removes contaminants from the air to improve interior air quality. But do they really work? What can they remove and how? We’ll dive into some FAQ about air purifiers and how they can benefit your health.
- December 7, 2018Homeowners are turning to automation more than ever to keep their floors clean. But should you jump on the technology bandwagon and buy a robotic mop? Discover the pros and cons of these smart cleaning devices.
- October 9, 2018Wood floors need a bit more TLC than other hard floors. The wrong cleaners can dull them, hard shoes can scratch them, and water can warp them. Here are our tips to clean, mop, and maintain any wood flooring.
The Best Cleaning Products for Your Pool, Lawn and Garden
Don’t neglect your outdoor living space. Yard work and pool maintenance doesn’t have to be such a chore if you have the right equipment. Find high-quality, affordable pool cleaners to keep your pool crystal clean this summer. Keep your lawn and garden tidy and weed-free in every season with today’s top-rated brands in push mowers, riding mowers, robotic mowers, snow blowers and more. We’ve reviewed products from brands such as Husqvarna, Greenworks, and Troy-Bilt that will get the job done quickly so you can enjoy time outdoors with your family.
- Pool CleanersWho needs a pool boy when you can have one of these handy pool cleaners around 24/7? Whether you like the hands-on approach or a fully autonomous pool cleaner, we have just the thing to keep your pool sparkling.
- Pool RobotsHave a look at the top 5 pool robots to keep your pool clean in 2019. With our detailed reviews, comparisons, and buying guide, you’ll know how to choose one that’s right for you.
Tips and tricks to keep your pool, lawn and garden looking gorgeous
- September 18, 2019In this guide to using cyanuric acid, you’ll learn why it’s important as a pool stabilizer. We’ll look at what it does, how to add it to your pool, how much and often to add it, and safety precautions.
- May 5, 2019Aguide on how to prevent water bugs in your pool (they are more than just annoying). Click here now to learn the risks and types you may have - don’t risk it.
You’ve worked hard for the home you deserve. Don’t settle on anything less than the best to keep it clean.
Top-Rated Cleaning Products for your Car, Truck or Van
The average cost of going to a car wash is $6.00 to $15.00. Stop wasting money when you can do it yourself with the right equipment. We’ve listed the top-rated pressure washers, car vacuums, car wash kits and more to keep your vehicle looking like new.
- Pressure WashersNothing cleans months or years of grime from decks and patios like a good pressure washer. From gas to electric and battery-powered, we have just the right pressure washer you need for all those tough cleaning jobs.
- Best-rated Electric Pressure WashersPurchasing your own top-performing electric pressure washer can save you money down the road, especially if you’ll use it more than once or twice a year.
- Gas Pressure WashersA gas power washer means more cleaning power for your exterior surfaces. Check out our list of top-rated models, tested by consumers. Use our expert reviews and buying guide to get the best bang for your buck.
Try these tips and tricks to keep your vehicle looking like new
- July 22, 2019Lots of people wash their cars and trucks with a pressure washer. But if used carelessly, it can result in costly damage. With our step-by-step guide, you can safely and easily wash your vehicles with a power washer.
- March 22, 2019Pressure washers can revitalize your outdoor surfaces. Many homeowners wonder if it’s better to rent or buy. While electric units cost less than gas, they can still run a few hundred bucks. What’s best for you?
- Pressure WashersDoes your home’s vinyl siding need some TLC? Learn how to pressure wash a house with this simple guide.January 11, 2019Afraid to power wash your house? With the right pressure washer, cleaning your home’s siding and other exterior surfaces will keep it looking great to retain its resale value. Learn how with our helpful guide.
- September 30, 2018Dirty deck? Here's how to clean it safely with a gas or electric pressure washer. Our easy step-by-step guide will show you how to wash any deck without damaging the wood.
- June 16, 2018Before you use a pressure washer, read our beginner’s guide for pressure washing tips and techniques. Learn the right way to use a power washer safely the first time and every time.
How Our Ratings Work
If you’re looking for the best products to clean your indoor and outdoor spaces, you’ve come to the right place. Our ratings are determined by several factors.
We study what industry experts have to say about the safest, most affordable and reliable cleaning equipment.
We look at what real customers have to say about their personal experiences with each product and report the pros and cons.
We operate completely independently and never accept payment from manufacturers for the reviews we post.
The Rengstorff House – A Project in Restoring History to a Sparkling Shine
The Rengstorff House (or “R” House for short) is a beautifully restored Victorian home and the oldest historic house in Mountain View, California. One of the key components in renovating this property was thorough and careful deep-cleaning. Because of the delicate surfaces and antique finishes in historic homes, special care must be taken to ensure no damage is done. Regular cleaning is necessary, however, to maintain the structure and preserve it for generations to come. The Friends of “R” House used tried and true methods for cleaning historic properties, not only to rejuvenate it, but to keep it looking great after events such as weddings. Browse our articles to find out more about historic home cleaning and maintenance.
- Wedding Dress Cleaning GuideMay 10, 2019Following Your Wedding, You Need Your Dress Cleanup To Be Handled By Experts. Our Guide Shows You Which Parts Need To Be Cleaned & How To Do It.
- Mountain View Historical Buildings: What You Need to SeeMay 7, 2019Mountain View, California is filled with beautiful, Historical Buildings that you should visit. Including the Rengstorff House, but there are many that you may not have heard about before now.
- After Wedding Checklist: Cleaning Services & CostMay 7, 2019After your Mountain View wedding and/or party ends, you will need cleaning services. But if you are in celebration mode, do you really want to do it yourself? Click here to find out more.
- The Rengstorff House offers these tips for keeping your old house cleanApril 25, 2019Keeping historic homes such as the Rengstorff House clean is a unique challenge. Whether you’re the proud owner of a historic home or a dedicated volunteer, these old house cleaning tips will help you keep history intact for generations to come.
- Discover Rengstorff House, a historic gem in Mountain View, CAMarch 22, 2019The Rengstorff House (or “R” House for short) is the oldest historic home in Mountain View, California. Built in the 1860s by the Rengstorff family, this beautiful Italianate Victorian house is a renovation success story.