$1,600 – $3,200 Scholarship for 2020-2021 Hosted by Cleanup.Expert
Here at Cleanup.Expert, we understand how hard it is to find money for college. Whether you’re still in high school or actively enrolled, it’s a struggle to fund further advancing your education. Thankfully, our 2020-2021 Scholarship Program is here to help ease a little bit of that burden for two lucky students.
With our focus on cleaning products for busy homeowners, we want young people to understand cleaning products’ social and environmental impact. Students may choose between several topics for their essays and videos revolving around current cleaning industry issues.
From environmental to socioeconomic concerns, our mission is to educate those responsible for making major manufacturing and purchasing decisions in the future.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or Students currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Topics for Essay or Video
For your submission, please write an essay of (1,500 to 2,500 words) or create a video that’s (15 to 20 minutes) long about one of the thirteen topics listed below:
- Does the demand for automatic pool cleaners hurt traditional pool service businesses? What are some of the potential long-term economic and environmental impacts caused by their rapid adoption?
- Despite warnings from consumer advocacy groups about their inherent risk, pressure washers continue to provide users with dangerous red zero-degree nozzles. Given the high rate of injuries that occur annually, should companies be prohibited from providing them by default?
- Robotic mops are quickly supplanting floor mops thanks to their autonomous hands-free cleaning capability; however, they’re not a perfect replacement quite yet. In what ways is traditional mopping still more effective than robotic alternatives?
- Thanks to the convenience they provide, robot mops are quickly becoming a popular alternative to manual mopping. How do robot mops and other autonomous appliances benefit the lives of homeowners from all walks of life?
- Robotic pool cleaners have dramatically risen in popularity in recent years thanks to an array of benefits they offer homeowners. Are robotic pool cleaners responsible for an increase in demand for new pool construction? If so, how?
- Given their higher carbon footprint compared to their electric counterparts, should companies begin to develop alternative fuel sources for gas pressure washers other than petroleum-based options?
- What is the overall carbon footprint of electric pressure washers in comparison to their petroleum-powered counterparts? Does their overall electrical consumption outweigh the emissions caused by a gas alternative?
- In addition to sterile cleaning without the use of chemicals, what other benefits does a steam mop offer to help improve your health?
- In addition to their exceptional manual cleaning ability, what are some of the other benefits that spin mops can provide people and their homes?
- Given their innovation explosion over the last decade, is it possible robot vacuums will make traditional vacuuming obsolete? What technologies are being developed or are currently being used that would make this possible?
- Like innovations such as robotic vacuum cleaners and mops, window cleaning robots take care of your chores by autonomously cleaning your windows for you. What other tasks around the home may benefit from becoming automated?
- What are the benefits of both home and commercial air purifiers ? What are the domestic, health, and environmental results of using these devices?
- Given their specific uses and sporadic necessity, is it ultimately better for consumers to rent or outright own upholstery cleaners ?
Starting Date: October 20, 2020
Deadline: June 20, 2021
Winner Announcement: June 30, 2021
1st Place: $3,200
2nd Place: $1,600
How to Apply
Interested students must fill out the application form below to apply. From there, students can upload their essays directly. For video entries, students should upload to YouTube and submit a link to their video. They must also provide proof of enrollment to an accredited U.S. college or their most recent college transcript.
The essay or video entry must address one of 13 topics listed above. Submissions should be creative, engaging, and thought-provoking. We want to see logical arguments that challenge us to think about the issues at hand. Essays should be grammatically correct and be free of typos, and videos should be free of audio and visual errors.