Two Lucky Winners Will Receive Either a $2,000 or $3,500 Scholarship
At Cleanup Expert, thousands of homeowners depend on us to help them find the quality cleaning tools that’ll make their homes a brighter place. And now, we want to help give two lucky students a brighter academic future with our 2022 Scholarship Program for the second half of the year.
The two students we select as contest winners will get money they can use towards the college of their choice.
In our contest, we use the cutting-edge cleaning solutions we offer on our website as a springboard for students to explore the technology behind them in an exciting, engaging, and creative manner. Students may write an essay or make a video on one of the listed topics.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or Students currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Topics for Essay or Video
For your submission, please write an essay of (1,800 to 2,500 words) or create a video that’s (15 to 20 minutes) long about one of the thirteen topics listed below:
- Automatic pool cleaners cleaners are a godsend for pool owners who no longer need to spend hours manually cleaning their pools. Let’s say you have a time machine and could transport yourself fifty years to 2072. Look at automatic pool cleaners of this era and write about how the technology behind them has evolved.
- Frank W. Ofeldt II accidentally invented pressure washer in 1926. He was working on a whiskey still when he discovered that steam forced at high pressure through a small hose was an effective method of eradicating grease from his garage floor. What other accidental inventions ended up making the world a better place?
- Explore in depth the features of floor mops. What changes would you make so they’re even better?
- Imagine you’ve just invented the smartest robot mop ever. What features does it have, and how will it revolutionize the cleaning industry?
- In what ways are robotic pool cleaners environmentally friendly? How could you make them even more so?
- What are some of the features of gas pressure washers that make them ideal for cleaning up your backyard?
- How can using electric pressure washers make a home safer?
- How effective is a steam mop at killing bacteria?
- Are spin mops suitable for all types of flooring? Why or why not?
- There are hundreds of YouTube videos of cats riding around on robot vacuums. Film a video or write a script for a commercial using felines to sell these magnificent labor-saving machines.
- While window cleaning robots are a relatively new innovation, if they become widely used, they could end up replacing the squeegee. What other old-fashioned cleaning tools could be replaced by emerging technology?
- What’s the technology behind air purifiers that make them exceptional at cleaning the impurities from indoor air?
- List all the ways upholstery cleaners make the average homeowner’s life easier.
- Write about the technology that makes a robotic lawn mower virtually theft proof.
Starting Date: July 5, 2022
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Winner Announcement: January 10, 2023
1st Place: $4,000
2nd Place: $2,500
How to Apply
If you want to enter the contest, fill out the application form below. If you’re writing an essay, upload it by attaching it to the form. If you’re making a video, upload it to YouTube and submit a link to the video. You must also provide proof of enrollment to an accredited U.S. college or your most recent college transcript.
The essay or video entry must explore one of 14 topics listed above. Submissions should be thought-provoking and original. We want to see entries that challenge us to see the issues that these essay questions raise in fresh new ways. Essays should be grammatically correct and be free of typos, and videos should be free of audio and visual errors.